So, you ask...What is Squidoo anyway? Squidoo is a website hosting hundreds of thousands of "lenses", or pages. Each lens is one person's look at something online. Your lens is your take or opinion on any subject you like. You are the authority.
Think of it like this. Look closely at the magnifying glass pictured above. When you look through the lens of the magnifying glass, everything you see within the lens is bigger, sharper, and more defined. This is exactly how it is with my Squidoo Lens... it is about very defined topic and that topic is explored in full detail.
The lens is easy to build and it's free...yes, I said FREE! and totally non-techy. You can link back to your website. If you have a blog, Squidoo will even grab your latest postings and display them on your lens.
I first became familiar with Squidoo while visiting Katherine Tyrrell's website, Making a Mark, when I clicked on her Artist Resources link.
In January of '08 I set up my own "Squidoo Lens", Drawing Techniques: using carbon, charcoal, and graphite. My lens is just a baby compared to the information for artists found in Katherine's lens. ..yet the traffic this one lens generates to my blog and website just doesn't stop. I can only imagine what Katheryn's group of lenses does for her.
Many of you have ask so here's what I did...
My thought process as I developed my lens.
- I chose the subject I'm ask about most by my customers.
- I kept it simple,concise and interesting.
- I associated appropriate photos and art.
- I linked back to my website and blog liberally and I put links to my new Squidoo Lens on my website and blog...(at the bottom of every blog post)
- Most importantly...I included the "module" on my lens that contains an RSS feed. This means that every time I update my blog my Squidoo Lens is also updated with a link to my new article. This not only keeps my "lens" fresh in the eyes of search engines but sends people back to my blog to read the article!
This year to date, there's been a total of 5,185 visitors to my lens.
In the past 30 days the "most important" stats are as follows:
- Referrers: Visitors coming directly from: My Website, 68...from The Extraordinary Pencil, blogspot, 218...visitors directly from Squidoo, 53...visitors, as a direct result of blog articles I've written, clicking the provided Squidoo Link at the bottom, 72.
- Clickouts: Squidoo visitors clicking on links back to my website and blog: In the last 30 days alone there have been....356 clickouts to my Website and 125 clickouts to my Blogspot.
So I only have one question this week... Do you Squidoo?
The "Chat Line" is open...I look forward to your comments and please feel free to comment on what others have to say. Remember...when you share, others are blessed.My Squidoo Lens is my "E-Bunny". It just sits there working for me. I'll admit that although easy to do...it took a some thought and some time to set up. I probably spent most of one weekend writing it, but the final statistics can not be ignored. Definitely time well spent.______________________________________
Thank you as always for your support and encouragement.
Website ...Marsha Robinett Fine Art
My Squidoo ...Drawing Techniques
PS...make a "Point"...leave a comment