Pages

Friday, April 25, 2008

Weekend Chat Line...Do You Dance?

This has been a rough couple of weeks and my issues with Google Blogger this last week simply compounded things. For a time I lost the focus for my life. When you are under stress it's easy to forget who is really in charge. A good friend gave me something today that I would like to share...it's called "Dancing With God".

"Dancing With God"
When I meditated on the word Guidance, I kept seeing "dance" at the end of the word. I remember reading some where that doing God's will is a lot like dancing. When two people try to lead, nothing feels right. The movement doesn't flow with the music, and everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.

When one person realizes this, and lets the other lead, both bodies begin to flow with the music. One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back or by pressing "Lightly" in one direction or another. It's as if two people become one body, moving beautifully.

The dance takes surrender, willingness, and attentiveness from one person and gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes kept going back to the word Guidance. When I saw "G": I thought of God, followed by "u" and "i". (God, "u" and "i" dance.)

As I lowered my head in prayer, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life. Once again, I became willing to let God lead. My prayer for you today is that God's blessings and mercies are upon you on this day and everyday. May you abide in God, as God abides in you. Dance together with God, trusting God to lead and guide you through each season of your life.


May you have a wonderful weekend and a prosperous life.
And I Hope You Dance!

Sincerely,
Marsha


Links:

Website ...Marsha Robinett Fine Art
My Squidoo ...Drawing Techniques


PS...make a "Point"...leave a comment

6 comments:

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Thanks Marsha for the reminder of Who is in charge. So glad your blog is out of jail, too. Things like this can make us forget the big picture.

Kasie @ ~The Art of Life~ said...

Thank you so much for sharing that! What a beautiful way to think of guidance.

Anonymous said...

Hi Marsha, I could strongly identify with what you wrote about dancing with God. There's a lot written these days about our ability to control and direct our lives. To me that is only partially true. We can set goals and make decisions and take steps to get where we want to go--and then there are the times when nothing is working or external things come along that stop us in our tracks. We have to be able to flow and change and move and glide with what comes our way as well as be directive and decisive. Interestingly, I often refer to dancing with my brush as I paint as the way I make many of the marks and textures that I'm trying to achieve.

Karen Hargett said...

I'm sorry I'm just now saw this - busy weekend - but it is a great way to start my busy work week too! Great reminder of Who to trust to guide our lives especially when things seem out of our control. If we learn to turn ALL things over to Him then it gets so much easier.

Thanks for the uplifting post!

Marsha Robinett said...

To All,
I'm glad you enjoyed this post.

My life has hit some snags the past few weeks, both personally and professionally. This note from my friend was just what I needed to get me back on track.

I am by nature an "in control" person...and yes, I probably lead when I dance!

Life doesn't always move forward in the direction we have planned and finding joy where we've landed can be difficult...but, the secret is in the "Dance".

I appreciate you taking the time to comment.

Unknown said...

wow thanks for the encouragement and reminder Marsha! I pray for God's will in my life, but I admit that Im the one who tries to lead the dance. You have written a beautiful post very touching

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin