Pages

Friday, May 2, 2008

Weekend Chat Line...Do you include video clips on your blog?



I see more and more videos being made by artists and included in their blog posts. This is a new and exciting way for us to show our creative process and to connect with others in a more personal way.

I, for one, am very interested in knowing more about this process. I would like to post an occasional WIP video on my blog and possibly have the option of doing some complete Video Tutorials on DVD...to retail as an additional source of income.

So, I ask you this...What can you tell us, who are "video impaired", about how to do this?

What equipment do we need...what do we need to know...where do we start? Is this something we can set up and record ourselves or do we need assistance? I'm especially interested not only in good picture quality but good audio as well.

Oh Dear!! There are just so many questions.

Your wisdom and experience is valuable.

The "Chat Line" is open...There's no better place to learn than from each other. I'm anxious to hear your experiences and recommendations. And as always, please feel free to comment on what others have to say.


Links:
Website ...Marsha Robinett Fine Art
My Squidoo ...Drawing Techniques


PS...make a "Point"...leave a comment

3 comments:

Susan Carlin said...

Howdy from San Antonio! I just started taking videos and putting them on my blog. Three of them, to be exact. I have a more complicated video camera, but had just bought a Flip video camera (be sure to get the 60 minute one, not 30) and wanted to try it out. Easy as pie to use. No cords, plugs right into a USB port, has one button for on and off, and can zoom only 2x. I just set it on a counter and pushed the button. The first time I used it, I made a "moviemix" with the software that loads when you plug it in. The other two times I used Window's MovieMaker. You can edit some in MovieMaker. I edited out a couple of stupid things I said, but didn't do anything fancy to it otherwise. It took a long time to upload using Blogger the first two times, but the third time I discovered Google Video and it worked a lot faster and smoother. Hope this was helpful. I'm a novice and plan to learn a great deal more, so I'll be watching for advice here.

Karen Hargett said...

Hi Marsha,
Anther great topic.

I haven't tried this before - yet. I have seen movies created with SLR cameras that take time lapse photos and then use something like MovieMaker to narrate and make into a film. I've also seen the same done from using individual scans. The hard part about using scans would be the start and stop to scan. If you are like me you like to keep going while everythink is flowing.

Susan, I was just in San Antonio for our annual 3 day meeting with work - got back home to the Buda area yesterday. I didn't get to get out to take photos like I was hoping so will be going back soon for a photo visit. Maybe I can time it right to stop by your studio. I enjoyed your video - you're dad is cute.

Marsha Robinett said...

Susan,
I really appreciate your comments on this. I was hoping for a little more information and I know you were also. I've really enjoyed the videos you've been doing. I think they add to your site and give people a more personal view of you...both as an artist and as an individual.

Karen,
Like you, I've heard of the techniques you are speaking of. I was just hoping someone who knows how to do it really good would chime in and explain it all to us...recommending a good camcorder and editing program that will do those special effects and do them easy!!

I'm going to give this a shot. Don't have a camcorder yet...but looking into one. In the mean time Susan I guess I'll just have to learn and watch from you!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin