Pages

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Milk and Cookies...carbon and graphite

...Milk and Cookies...
Carbon and graphite on paper, 7x8, double matted,
prints available
Sold

The Story Behind the Image: My daughter, Tamara, is a pastry chef in New York and these are some of her cookies. The bottle of milk was purchased special for this still life set-up...if you look closely you can see the cream that has floated to the top.

The photo was taken as the morning sun shown through the dining room window. I love the shadows on the glass and bottle of milk...expand the image and you can even see the shadows that the letters in the name "Ronnybrook" made on the milk in the bottle. And then there are of course the cookies...the one on top with the frosting is my favorite.

I took lots of photos as usual and improvised a back drop by using a drawing pad and my grandsons notebook. Oh Yes...I ate the cookies and drank the milk. After all, photography is hard work!

The drawing "Milk and Cookies" is on cream toned fine art paper, and offered in two sizes of Open Edition prints...check my Portfolio for availability of the Original and prices.


Links:
Website ...Marsha Robinett Fine Art
My Squidoo ...Drawing Techniques
"Milk and Cookies"...learn more



PS...make a "Point"...leave a comment

3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

As always... gorgeous work, Marsha! You do absolutely amazing work.. Looks like your daughter is an artist as well!
My husband loves to cook and I consider that talent (which is considerable) HIS art.. or one of his art mediums.... He also makes beautiful wooden cabinets as a hobby.

Marsha Robinett said...

Marian,
Thanks for the compliments on my work and you are absolutely right, my daughter is an artist. What she does in the kitchen is marvelous. Eating at her table is an experience for the senses. I've never seen her simply put food on a plate...she arranges the components of every meal as we would for a painting. In her world it's called "plateing".

For the record...her marvelous abilities with food did not come from her mother!

Jennifer Bellinger said...

Hi Marsha,
Gee, I haven't checked your blog in a while..looks great as always, filled with wonderful sharing of ideas. The Milk & Cookies...love it, you are amazing with detail. What a great photo of you and your grandson! Hope your computer problems go away soon! Frustrating, for sure.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin