Pages

Monday, December 24, 2007

Books about Drawing from My Library













Some of my Favorite Books on Drawing:

Because I am a self taught artist, I've attended a few workshops but books on drawing were my main source of learning, and I still refer to them yet today. Over the years I have managed to build quite a library. These are great references whether you are Just beginning to draw or have been drawing for years. When possible, I've included a link to BOOK REVIEWS or PREVIEWS.

Books by authors who's work I personally admire...
Drawing Line to Life...by Mike Sibley
Drawing Realistic Textures in Pencil...by J.D. Hillberry
Advanced Drawing Techniques...by Matti Kataja
Beautiful Landscapes...by Diane Wright

Good basic drawing knowledge...

The Drawing Book...by Sarah Simblet
Pencil Magic, landscape drawing...by Phil Metzger
Drawing Solutions...by Albany Wieseman
Keys to Drawing...by Bert Dodson
Keys to Drawing with Imagination...by Bert Dodson
The New Drawing on the Right Side of Your Brain
...by Betty Edwards


Drawing the portrait...
Painting and Drawing Children...by John Norton
Drawing Expressive Portraits...Paul Leveille
Life Drawing in Charcoal...by Douglas R Graves

Drawing People, how to portray the clothed figure
...by Barbara Bradley


More Advanced Books...
Learning to Draw, a Creative Approach...by Robert Kaupelis
Experimental Drawing...by Robert Kaupelis

A collection of George B. Bridgman's Books...
Bridgman's Complete Guide to Drawing From Life
Heads, Features, and Faces
The Book of a Hundred Hands
Drawing the Draped Figure

As I find new books that are worthy of a place on my list I will update this page
PS...make a "Point"...leave a comment

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin