Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award...passing it on


Karen at Karen Blados Artist and Designer presented me with the Kreative Blogger award last week and I'm just getting around to passing it on. Karen is a successful graphic designer, sharing both her art and her life's struggles on her blog...sometimes humours, sometimes very serious. but always making you 'think'. Her illustrations are pure 'eye candy' from the candy jar. I enjoy visiting and hope you will as well.

I now need to list seven things about myself:

1. I love to listen to soft jazz while working in my studio.
2. I enjoy 'doing alleys' on early evening bike rides.
3. At the age of 30 I won the Demolition Derby at our local fair...great fun!!
4. With regret I tell you that I have never visited a foreign country.
5. I will do anything to get out of housework.
6. I used to show and raise Standard Schnauzers.
7. I would 'die' for a piece of my daughters coconut cream pie.

Finally, I'm passing the Kreative Blogger Award along to seven other deserving artists. I hope you will take a few minuets to visit their sites and enjoy their beautiful art and inspiring words.

1.Fay Taylor...works in Watercolor, creating the most wonderful paintings, telling the story of her Oregon country side. I once told her that "her paintings made me want to ride horses".

2.Karen Cooper...works in Acrylic. Her lively figurative paintings interpret our everyday life. They are bold with color, posses wonderful composition and stimulate your emotions.

3.Susan Carlin...works in Oil. Susan is a portrait artist. Her portraits are exciting...she has a real talent for not only capturing the essence of the subject but the emotional feeling of the moment. Susan freely shares her talent in weekly online painting sessions and workshops.

4.Karen Hargett...works in Pencil and Pastel. Karen started out as a pencil artist working in graphite and has most recently fallen in love with pastels. Her graphite drawings are to be envied but I have to admit, I just love the soft smokey quality of her pastels. She has a style all her own and a great eye for composition.

5.Annlein Beukenkamp...works in Watercolor. Annlein is someone whose ability and style I envy. Her paintings are loose and expressive. Annlein's willingness to let the medium just be itself is evident. Most definitely an inspiration and a quality to aspire to.

6.Belinda Del Pesco...does Watercolor and Printmaking. Belinda's paintings fascinate me. She has done many paintings of interiors and has the uncanny ability to capture light and shadow in a way that makes you feel as though you are there sitting in the room.

7.Tracy Hall...works in Watercolor. Tracy paints the most wonderful miniatures. I'm amazed at the detail she packs into a 1.75 x 2.25 space and I believe you will be also. She also shares a video tutorial on her blog that you won't want to miss.

As you visit these wonderful artist's websites and blogs...be sure to let them know much you appreciate their dedication and willingness to share. It is through the works and words of other artists that we all learn the most. ENJOY

_____________________________

Romans 8:28
[ More Than Conquerors ] And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:27-29 (in Context)
_____________________________

2 comments:

Annelein said...

Thanks for the honor Marsha! I've linked your blog on my sidebar and sent you a shout-out in today's post. Take care, Annelein

Karen Hargett said...

Marsha - thank you so much and to be named along with these great artists is very flattering. I'm going to post and link to this post - I'm a little slow this week though but will do it soon. Thanks again!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin