Pages

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Old Fashioned Iris...carbon and graphite

...Old Fashioned Iris...
carbon and graphite on paper, 6x7, double matted,
prints available

This is the companion drawing to "Dutch Iris".

The Story Behind the Image: The tubers of this iris were actually given to me by my grandmother when I was first married. I've moved them many times over the years and given many starts to friends. It is a spindly little thing, getting lost easily in the garden. But for me it's beauty is in the special memories that come to mind every season when it blooms.

I took the photo reference early one morning after a spring shower. You can see the droplets of water still on the petals.

The drawing "Old Fashioned Iris" is on cream toned fine art paper and presented in a double mat. It is offered in two sizes of Open Edition Prints...check my Portfolio for the availability of the Original and prices.


Links:
My Website...Marsha Robinett Fine Art
My Squidoo ...Drawing Techniques
"Old Fashioned Iris" ...learn more
"Dutch Iris"...learn more



PS...make a "Point"...leave a comment

No comments:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin