Pages

Monday, December 21, 2009

My Private Christmas Showing

The photos shown here were taken of My Framers Holiday Window display. She regularly uses my drawings and watercolors as framing examples, which for me is like having a private showing that is changed out with the seasons.

The store front is recessed several feet from the side walk and has huge display windows. The right side is always devoted to her framing and my artwork. The back wall has a huge wreath with a 'framed' limited edition print of Mr Lincoln in the center. (difficult to see)

More of my framed work hangs on either side of the wreath and scattered throughout the side window are various prints and other small framed pieces.

She frames my work and doesn't charge me a dime until it sells. My work shows off her framing and her framing enables me to display my art. How much better can it get?

These last two photos are of the other side of her display windows...showcasing the works of the 'stitch group' that meets at her establishment each week. The display window is full of the most beautiful knitted and crocheted slippers, capes, sweaters, scarves, purses, hats....and on and on.

"Serendipity Framing and Needlework" is located in downtown Lincoln, Ill. right on the square. The wonderfully decorated windows attract much attention especially as our local movie theater is close by. You can always find people (day or night) studying the display windows, smiling and calling out...as they point out 'new finds' to their friends.

What a blessing it was when God placed Jeanie in my path. If you are ever in the vicinity, you simply must stop by her shop. Women come from quite a distance to buy her wonderful yarns and her framing, well...it's simply a work of art in itself!

___________________________________
Psalm 128:2
You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.
Psalm 128:1-3 (in Context)
___________________________________

11 comments:

Teresa Mallen said...

My goodness, these windows are most lovely and I would imagine they take quite a bit of effort to create. What a wonderful way to exhibit your art!

I wish you all the best in 2010 and may you have a very blessed Christmas!

Marian Fortunati said...

Beautiful display... gorgeous spot and what a wonderful way to show your terrific work!

Hope you are feeling well. Happy Holidays to you.

Janelle Goodwin said...

Thank you for showing us this absolutely beautiful display of your work, the frames and wonderful yarns. Very inspiring!

Happy Holidays and a Blessed New Year to you and yours!

Helen Percy Lystra said...

What a great opportunity for you and a great combination for a shop... yarn and frames, two of my loves.

Marsha Robinett said...

To all,
I'm so glad you enjoyed seeing the display windows. She changes them out each season and I've tried to take pictures before but there wasn't enough light at night and in the daytime I get reflections from the windows. I need to figure this out because her windows are truly works of art.

It's been a wonderful relationship. Her framing sells my art and my art sells her framing. Just how good can it get?

Thanks for taking the time out of this busy holiday season to visit my blog.

Theresa Rhodus said...

Wow! What a display! absolutely beautiful. Also what a great team. You guys are two talented and smart women.

Unknown said...

Very nice display.
Marsha wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a New-year filled with health, happiness and prosperity. Wilbur would love to meet your Gretchen. Bet they would get on like a house on fire :)

Karen Hargett said...

Great display Marsha! What a blessing indeed. I am so pleased to see you blogging again. Merry CHRISTmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year with plenty of sales!

Angela Finney said...

The photos you took of this display are very Christmasey! Just lovely. That is a sweet deal you have with your framer! I am envious.

Hope you have have warm Holidays with people you love. Hope the New Year brings you health, happiness and dreams coming true, Marsha.

Diary of a Madd Weekly Painter said...

Finally got around to my emails. I'm happy to see you posting again, I've missed your thoughts. Sincerely hope you are feeling better. My daughter has your symptoms, so I know you have suffered.
BEST WISHES for a happy, healthy New Year!!!

Marsha Robinett said...

Theresa,
Yes indeed, my framer and I do make use of each others talents. God placed her in my path because He knew I didn't have the money to frame my work. Who knew it would turn into such a friendship?

Sheona,
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and yes, I will have to someday send Wilbur a picture of Gretchen. Except for a couple of 'nicks' she's a pretty good looking gal.

Karen and Angela,
It is so good to be back to blogging. The painting and drawing are coming back slowly, but all is good. Looking forward to a better 2010

Sue,
Thanks for stopping by. Yes, I don't think we ever fully recognize the suffering of others unless we have been there our selves or have a close relationship with someone who has suffered with the same illness.

It's been a long haul..not over, but somewhat controlled.

TO ALL....Your continued encouragement and prayers this last year have been a daily strength to me. Thank you all so much.

Wishing everyone a great and prosperous 2010.

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin